It is easier to let the bad mood take over your day, however, you can trick yourself into finding joy and turn your day around
A good life is nothing but an accumulation of happy days. These days could mark all the good times with your family and friends. But what about the days when you feel low? The kind of days where no matter what you do nothing seems to make it better.
How does one fix having a bad day?
Happiness is a state of mind. This means you can trick yourself into a happy mood and turn your frown upside down.
Tricking yourself into feeling good does not mean you are running away from your problems or escaping a situation. It simply means you are taking a short break from having a bad day.
How does one benefit from feeling good?
When you are in a good mood you radiate positivity, you are up for all tasks big or small, you are confident about yourself. When you are in a good mood you are a problem solver and that is exactly what you need when you are having a bad day.
You need to pick yourself up and take charge of feeling good. Here are ways to make you feel better in less than 10 minutes when you are having a bad day.
– Do a seven-minute workout – Sweat it out! You are having a bad day and it is ok. Exercise to feel better about yourself. When you exercise your body releases endorphins, which makes you feel happy and good about yourself. One can never go wrong with exercising and uplifting their mood.
– Sing along to your favourite song – Perhaps you are about to spiral into negative thoughts. It’s time that you play that song, crank up the volume, get the lyrics and sing it out loud. It doesn’t matter if you are not singing it right, allow yourself to get into the groove of singing.
– Call an old friend – Nothing beats calling an old friend and laughing about the silly things you did when you were young. Reminiscing the good old days with a friend can turn your day around. For a moment it will transport you to a time once lived.
– Spend time with your pet – If you have a furry buddy at home – dog/cat/any other animal, spend time with them. Play with them, pet them, try to teach them a new trick. And if you don’t have a pet at home then no worries, the internet has got you covered – tune into funny animal videos. It will instantly put a smile on your face when you watch animals acting silly.
– Watch your favourite happy movie – A movie that cracks you up every time, no matter how many times you watch it, it is still funny. Pick a feel-good movie that makes you feel ‘all is good’. Movies have a way of changing your mood in an instant so why not take this bad day and turn it around.
– Try retail therapy – Do you truly enjoy shopping? Retail therapy is what you need then. Take a trip to your favourite store or visit them online, buy something nice for yourself. Retail therapy helps reinforce personal control over your environment. It can uplift your mood immediately. However, too much retail therapy can be harmful.
– Eat your comfort food – It is one of those days when you can allow yourself to indulge in foods that you love to eat. If you like you can order something from your favourite restaurant or maybe cooking could cheer you up? You can use cooking as therapy and whip something decadent for yourself.
– Go for a stroll – Stepping out and changing your environment can have a significant impact on your mood. Go for a stroll in the park or the spot that makes you feel good. Breathing some fresh air will help clear your mind and soon you will notice that you have a smile on your face.
You are in charge of your day no matter what life throws at you. You can either choose to be sad or decide to be happy. Always remember being happy makes you productive, it makes you feel confident and your confidence is the best look on you.