Humour. Thank God for it! What would we have done without the innumerable jokes about every aspect of 2020?
From Covid-19, Trump, quarantine, hoarding toilet paper and Maggi to facing a full-on burn-out with Work from Home, we made light of these immensely frustrating situations. And found them hilarious.
Here are a few of them to make you smile as we say goodbye to 2020:
1. This one should get the first prize- what do you think?
2. The introverts? Well, their life worked just fine.
The extroverts? Safe to say they are still crawling up the (quarantined/ lockdown) walls of their habitat!
3. The world as we knew it seemed to be rotating upside down, anti-clockwise, on a substance maybe? You get the drift….
4. Nature got back at us humans and whacked us – where it hurt bad!
5. WFH- the people who’ve experienced this now have another name for it- but never mind.
6. Our Covid journey
7. They say a picture speaks a thousand words. But in hindsight, we owe it to Trump’s sheer craziness-that we laughed, we felt better (I mean who on this planet could be worse right?), and we had a person to kickbox!
8. Rude check-in staff, inaudible pilots, sweet flight attendants and inedible airline food… we miss you!
9. Only the human race can spend the whole year praying for a cure, and then shoot it down!
10. Christmas came by, but we had more than our share of alcohol by then!
And here’s a bonus:
When you buy the whole shelf of Maggi from the shop and you don’t know what to do?
This one will sit on the see-saw of distaste or delight. A photo of Maggi pani-puri stirred up disgust and a storm simultaneously and frankly, we had enough of both in 2020!
Thank you, to all the creators of these jokes and memes – you made sure we saw the lighter side of a very dark year indeed.