Sway into a jolly good mood by listening to your favorite tunes
Deck the halls with boughs of holly
‘Tis the season to be jolly
Music brings joy, it holds memories, it makes you groove, it makes you move. But did you know that music has powerful psychological effects that can improve your health and well-being? Music can improve the quality of your life in various ways. It reduces stress and anxiety, lifts your mood, boosts your health, helps you sleep better, takes away your pain, and even makes you smarter.
Here are nine health benefits of music to incorporate into your everyday life.
- Music Therapy helps increase social activity – Music is like a binding agent that just gets everybody together. Sometimes it may make you sing along and sometimes it may make you groove. And in this process, you will meet new people, make new friends. Especially for you as it will help make your social activity better and alleviate feelings of loneliness.
- Listening to music inspires movement – Playing music can motivate people to get moving, whether it’s by dancing, clapping, or even tapping their toes. An idle body for long becomes stiff hence it is all the more important to keep moving around from time to time to inspire moment.
- Improve speech and cognitive skills – Music therapy is often used in memory care treatment to slow the decline of speech skills in people suffering from dementia.
- Relieve from Stress, Anxiety, and Depression – Listening to music will help you deal with stress and anxiety. Music acts as a calming agent for anxiety and depression. It serves as a healing art for people suffering from depression. Also, one has to keep in mind what kind of music to indulge in. Music therapy uses songs with certain rhythm, themes, or lyrics to help you stay calm.
- Mood Elevator – Music encourages a better mood and gets in touch with the inner feeling. When you are feeling under the weather, music can pick you up. Classical and meditative sounds would be particularly uplifting than the others.
- Improve sleep quality –Listening to classical music has been shown to effectively treat insomnia, making it a safe, cheap alternative to sleep-inducing medicines.
- Music helps you heal – Music can meaningfully reduce the perceived intensity of pain.
- Help people eat less – Soft uplifting music during a meal can help you slow down while eating and ultimately consume less food in one sitting. This will prevent you from binge eating
- Enhance blood vessel function – Scientists have found that the emotions patients experience while listening to music have a healthy effect on blood vessel function. Music both made study participants feel happier and resulted in increased blood flow in their blood vessels.
Let the music play and get carried away with all the goodness it provides you. We would like to know who do you enjoy listening to the most?