Fill this Christmas with delicious classic recipes with a healthy twist
Festive times call for an elabora’e spread of rich, mouth-watering, sweet and savory delectable. We bring to you the three classic Christmas recipes with a healthy twist so that you can indulge these dishes without worry.
The Vegan Plum Cake
Plum cake is popularly served around the Christmas holiday season. Every house has its classic recipe that has been passed from generation to generation.
Here we have a ‘No refined sugar, low calorie, dairy-free’ version just for you.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup stevia (natural sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 7 firm plums, halved with seeds removed
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius. Line and grease the cake tin with butter.
- In a bowl whisk the butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, orange zest until it creams.
- Sift the flour, add baking powder in another bowl and mix well. Add the flour to the cream and just incorporate it. Pour the milk and combine well (do not over mix as it toughens the cake).
- Pour the batter in the tin and arrange the plum halves over the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden. Insert a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Enjoy the cake after it cools down.