Curry leaf essential oil is extracted from curry leaves by the steam distillation method. Owning a similar appearance to bay leaves, aromatic curry leaves hold a distinct flavor contributed by caryophyllene and 3-carene.
Chemical constituents and therapeutic properties of Curry Leaf oil:
Curry leaf oil contains the following naturally therapeutic chemicals: α-pinene, sabinene, caryophyllene, β-pinene, terpinen-4-ol, γ-terpinene, limonene ,α-terpinene, (E)-nerolidol, α-humulene, α-thujene amongst others.
This oil serves as a rich nutritional source of carbohydrates, fibres, minerals, proteins, Vitamins A, B, B2, E & C, calcium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, oxalic acid and nicotinic acids with zero fats.
Curry leaf oil is used in promoting the health with its antioxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, stimulant, anti-dysenteric, stomachic, carminative, antiemetic, purgative, appetiser, analgesic, detoxifier, diuretic, anti-aging, hepato-protective, antimicrobial, aphrodisiac, revitalising, insecticidal, fungicidal, lipolytic and properties.
Ayurvedic health benefits of Curry leaf oil:
The essential oil in various Ayurvedic preparations for the treatment of diabetes, eye diseases, liver problems, diarrhoea, high cholesterol, hair fall, gastrointestinal problems, skin pigmentation and oral disorders.
Health according to Ayurveda is a three-tier structure comprising of the perfect balance between the body, mind and spirit. This natural science states that wellness and illness depends solely on being in tune with nature.
Ayurvedic Hair Oil Recipe With Curry Leaves:
- Curry leaves boiled in coconut oil is a popular natural tonic for hair growth. This herbal tonic is trusted to nourish hair follicles and restore its natural colour.
- Coconut oil prevents protein damage of hair follicles and it’s the best oil to massage into your scalp before washing. But make sure it’s cold pressed and pure.
- Neem leaves, or neem oil helps to cure hair fall and helps in hair growth.
- Curry leaves helps hair to retain natural pigmentation and prevents premature hair greying.
- You can even eat few curry leaves daily for preventing premature hair greying.
- There are some recipes which also add raw onion and garlic paste to the below ingredients.
- 100ml cold pressed coconut oil
- 30 gm curry leaves
- 10gm neem leaves or neem oil
Recipe for making hair oil
- Put coconut oil in thick base pan and heat it on a slow flame
- Add handful of curry and neem leaves in hot coconut oil.
- Cook till leaves turn black.
- Strain and store in glass bottle for future use.
Massage gently on scalp and leave for an hour. Then wash off hair. Do this twice a week.
This herbal hair oil is useful in treating baldness, premature hair fall and hair greying. Coconut oil with curry and neem leaves is also helpful in improving hair fall and helps make hair stronger.