Our easy homemade healthy recipe of blended chickpeas aka hummus can be served with chips, lavash, fresh crunchy veggies, falafels and anything else that you may fancy!
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip, spread, or savory dish made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. The standard garnish in the Middle East includes olive oil, a few whole chickpeas, parsley, and paprika. In Middle Eastern cuisine, it is usually eaten as a dip, with pita bread.
Chickpeas Soaked overnight
2 Red Bell Peppers
- Slice the bell peppers in half, put them in an oven tray, add the garlic and top it with olive oil. Put the tray in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the bell pepper and garlic from the oven. Let it cool.
- Once the garlic and bell pepper have cooled down peel the bell pepper skin. Make sure you remove seeds too.
- Now boil chickpeas in a cooker which is soaked overnight – Add Salt and water and once boiled add them to a cold water
- In Pan add Sesame seeds and roast it well
- In grinder add Roasted Bell Pepper, garlic, Boiled Chick peas, Salt to taste, and roasted sesame seeds – Squeeze one lime and add one table spoon of olive oil
- Blend the mixture to nice paste – Garnish it with slight red pepper powder and olive oil
Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus is now ready. You can view our recipe here:
And don’t forget to Like, Share, Press the Bell Notification & Subscribe!