These essential ingredients will set you in the mood for love
Senior citizens become less sexually active beyond the age of 60. This reflects more in women than men. It happens due to various reasons such as lack of desire, various health illnesses, erectile dysfunction or grief. Often this aspect of senior’s life is ignored making it difficult for seniors to talk about it openly. Being sexually active for the elder affirms physical health, self-confidence and prevent anxiety.
Chocolate, strawberries, whipped cream and champagne are some of the popular aphrodisiacs, yet to be backed by science. Certainly they do create the mood and help release serotonin – a neurotransmitter also known as the happy chemical. However, the popular aphrodisiac could only do so much for our seniors. Hence we bring to you some aphrodisiacs backed by science and has been part of Indian traditional medicine for centuries. These ingredients are potent and effective and are mentioned in Kamasutra the famous handbook of love.
Here are five aphrodisiacs that you will easily find in your kitchen.
- Nuts – Almond, pistachio, walnut, pecan, cashew nut and pine nut…almost all nuts are packed with nutrients essential for a healthy sex life. They are rich in calories and fat. However, nuts are to be consumed in moderation. Consuming 60g of nuts everyday is good for the heart, help manage diabetes, lowers bad cholesterol levels and helps boost your sex drive. Moreover it helps increase blood flow and reduces symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Indian Ginseng (Ashwagandha) – Ashwagandha is known to enhance sex life since the time of Kamasutra. It lower stress, boosts memory, has anti-ageing properties, relieves joint pain, restores sex drive and stamina in men and women. A tablespoon of ashwagandha with hot milk at night for few months will have an effective result.
- Saffron (Kesar) – Kesar is a traditional aphrodisiac agent mentioned in Kamasutra. It helps with depression, anxiety, reduces stress and enhances mood. It is especially effective for people consuming antidepressants.
- Fenugreek (Methi) – Packed with amino acids and estrogen-like properties methi seeds are an effective aphrodisiac for women but it also boosts arousal in men. For women it helps boost libido, lessen hot flashes and relieves from menopausal symptoms. It also aids minimisevaginal dryness.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is loaded with essential fatty acids and packed with nutrients and antioxidants. It is has a range of health benefits. Fatty acids help produce hormones and improves blood flow which results in a better sex life.
Food plays a significant role in creating the right mood – in more ways than one while keeping you healthy.