When you eat ginger every day, a lot of good things happen to your body, advises dietician Manisha Mehta
For centuries ginger has been used as a medicine to cure ailments. Eating ginger regularly helps to keep your body healthy. It is a spice with a very strong taste and is not only very tasty, but also has a lot of health benefits. It contains a whole range of vitamins and minerals.
Ginger contains gingerol, a bio-active substance that helps to reduce symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. This substance also helps to reduce swollen joints. Ginger also contains shogaol, a substance with an analgesic effect that also helps against cancer and heart disease. Zingiberene in ginger is particularly good for digestion. But not only this: ginger also has an anti-diabetic effect and improves brain function and the immune system.
Here are the health benefits of eating ginger every day.
- Reduces inflammation – Ginger has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compound. This reduces inflammation in the body faster.
- Prevents heart conditions – The anti-inflammatory compounds in ginger can also reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Aids muscle pain – Eating ginger gradually eases muscle pain. It effectively reduces day-to-day progression of muscle pain and also helps aid exercise induced muscle soreness.
- Promotes bowel movements – Ginger promotes better bowel movement. It speeds up emptying of the stomach aiding indigestion and stomach discomfort.
- Reduces osteoarthritis symptoms – Studies have shown effective results at reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis. A health condition common among seniors.
- Lowers cholesterol – The foods you eat have a strong influence on cholesterol and ginger effectively helps lower bad cholesterol LDL in the body.
- Boosts the immune system – The anti-inflammatory properties in ginger strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces risk of diabetes – It lowers blood sugar levels. The active compounds in ginger with improves insulin and metabolism.
- Prevents nausea – Ginger helps prevent various types of nausea. Sea sickness, chemotherapy-related nausea. Nausea after surgery and morning sickness.
- Protects brain function – Studies suggest ginger can protect against age-related damage to the brain. It improves brain function in elderly.
You do not have to nibble on a piece of ginger every day for its benefits. You can mix it with your smoothie, tea or simply sip on warm ginger lemon water. Ginger can be effective whether raw or cooked, fresh or dried. Any way you take it, ginger is a great daily habit to have.