A versatile and lip-smacking chutney that can be served at the table or at the snack bar
Today we are showcasing a Tomato Chutney recipe by Malti Gaikwad.
250 grams of nice red tomatoes
Two Finely Chopped Onions
Salt to Taste
- To start with, we need to roast these tomatoes directly on the fire. You can use any wire mesh or direct on stove too.
- The peels will start getting black, burned and come off and that it will result into a very nice smoky flavour to your chutney
- Let them cool aside
- Chop the onions finely and add a chilli as per your requirement
- Smash tomatoes with fork or knife to give it slight smooth slightly texture
- Add onions, chillies, and salt to taste and mix it well
- Add little bit of chopped coriander and mint
- Finally we will garnish it with a little roasted jeera powder. This we add last so that it retains its flavour